Towards 4.3 :)

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Fri Aug 8 09:57:42 PDT 2014

On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 6:28 AM, Davide DB <dbdavide at gmail.com> wrote:

> I do only tech dives and despite of default cylinder I set, I have to insert
> manually two deco bottles (at least) each dive.
> Having a bottles set instead of a single cylinder would be really useful.

I'm wondering if there might not be a simpler model than having a
configuration thing for "default cylinders" etc.

For example, if the issue really is "I hate having to fill in all this
information every time", why not have a simple "copy dive equipment
from last dive" kind of model?

IOW, there wouldn't be any special default set, but perhaps just when
downloading dives there would be a simple checkmark for "copy
equipment".

For example, even if you *don't* end up having special default
equipment, when you're on a dive trip with rental gear, presumably
you're going to have the *same* rental gear the whole time. So once
you've filled it out after the first day, that "copy equipment" model
would work fine too.

That wouldn't be just cylinders, btw. It would be the suit and weights too.

Hmm?

                Linus