4.2 release

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Aug 8 12:42:21 PDT 2014

Halfway through making the release.

Binaries are up. People checking for updates should get the links already
:-)

(sadly, people checking from 32bit OSs get the link for the 64bit
version... oops).

The website needs SERIOUS work.

I hadn't realized just how much out of date most of the pages are. I tried
to hack something together and do some ad-hoc edits in languages that I
don't speak, but this really needs some work.

If you are one of the volunteers helping translate the website, please
provide updates.

And everyone, given the sucky state of the website, I'd really appreciate
some help in getting this to a saner place. So feel free to send edits (or
ask for an account to edit directly in WordPress).

I'm waiting a little bit before posting the announcement, I need to get
the 4.2 manual up... lots more things to do.

Tag is NOT pushed yet, btw. Just in case :-)