cut and paste

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Aug 17 11:12:56 PDT 2014

I just pushed what I have staged in my master - I need to go through the
mailing list one more time, I'm pretty sure I have not picked up all
pending patches. But I have a few hours in an airplane ahead of me which
sounds like the perfect time to do that.

I fixed a few small things, addressed a couple of small bugs and other
things that I didn't want to do before the release, but the biggest change
from my side is the cut and paste code.

If you hit Ctrl-C (or select Log->Copy dive components) a dialog will open
that allows you to select which parts of the currently displayed dive you
want to copy.
You can then select one or more dives (or add a new dive / plan a dive)
and hit Ctrl-V (or Log->Paste dive components) and the changes will be
applied just as if you had done them manually (so same semantics for
editing multiple dives).

I tested this a bit but it needs a LOT more testing. Especially our
experts in finding corner cases (Henrik, Tom, I'm looking at you) should
have fun with this - I bet I have creatively hidden a couple of gems in
there somewhere :-)

Oh, and Joakim, Henrik and the others who were looking for this kind of
functionality... please let me know if this meets your needs or if you
need changes in the semantics or UI. This is what seemed to make sense to
me, that doesn't mean it's what you need or had in mind.

Have fun.