annoying warnings from Qt on the console

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Aug 18 09:34:19 PDT 2014

Dear Qt Experts...

I had seen those on Windows (but no one starts things from the console
there), and now that I have switched my Linux builds to be Qt5 by default
as well I get them on Linux and it's rather annoying.

Simply starting Subsurface without any data file gives me >100

QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified

warnings.

My guess is that this could be related to my hacked version of Marble
(that throws away large parts of Marble code), but I wonder how to track
down WHERE these messages are coming from. I ran things under the debugger
(but I don't have built Qt5 from source here on Linux) and tracked the
first few of them down to being caused by Marble trying to set up its
styles... but without Qt5 source / ability to step through its functions I
didn't get very far.

But fundamentally I wonder if there's an easy way to turn the warnings off
- they seem kinda pointless.

Thanks