Subsurface App

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 17:00:01 PDT 2014

Hi john,

I copy and paste a recent similar reply form Dirk:

Oh, look through the manual. The Android Companion app right now is NOT an
extension of Subsurface to Android, but it's a way to aquire GPS locations
for your dive sites. So the Companion app on the phone allows you to get a
GPS fix right before or after the dive, or, if you use it in background
mode you can get such a fix every few minutes or whenever your location
changes by a certain amount. Then you can just keep the service running
and after you come back from your trip you can match those locations with
your dives and get correct GPS coordinates that way.

Bye

> I downloaded the subsurface app for android on my samsung galaxy s4. How
> do I sync the dives from my desktop app to the mobile app?

Davide