Partial push of Josh's configure-dive-computer GSoC project

Joshua Joseph joejoshw at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 22:18:17 PDT 2014

Hello Dirk!
On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 4:49 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> - looks very good overall - this will be a wonderful new feature for 4.3

Thanks

- the port detection could be a little smarter; on most platforms you
>   should be able to TELL which port has an FTDI based device attached and
>   only those are candidates for being the OSTC3

I will check on how to include this. Shouldn't be hard.

- when saving the backup file the data is saved to the correct file that I
>   picked in the dialog, but the nice confirmation dialog that is shown
>   afterwards that "Backup successful" shows the default filename

I will fix it. I had not seen that before.

- the widgets showing the gases are a bit unfortunate... the fact that
>   they each just show a tiny part of the underlying models is
>   disappointing. Would it be better to add a second tab to the the
>   information area and have those three widgets there, big enough to show
>   all gases, dilutents and set points?
>
> Finally, I haven't looked at the docs, I thought that one could also
> change the gradient factors from the PC (that certainly was possible with
> the OSTC2). Has that been dropped for the OSTC3 or is this missing in your
> UI?

I will move the gas tables to a new tab. About the gradient factors, I am
not sure about
them, I will have to go through the docs for that.

> Thanks
>
> /D

Thanks,
Joshua