I'm working on this dive-share in my spare time

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Aug 20 05:49:12 PDT 2014

SOrry for the delay - your email was sitting in our long spam queue and I
only go through that manually every few days...

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 01:12:04PM -0700, Salvo Tomaselli wrote:

> I don't know if this might be of interest interest. I am working on a website
> (that lives on google appspot) with the intent of sharing dives online on fb,
> g+ and so on.
>
> For now it only supports subsurface XML format, and to upload is enough to
> send a POST request to a certain URL.
>
> http://dive-share.appspot.com/

It would obviously be very easy to integrate uploading to your site from
within Subsurface. Once you have your API settled and documented this is
definitely something we should do.

> The idea is to avoid the need to login, so the dives are related using the
> computer id, but it is possible to login using the google account and
> associate a user to a dive.
>
> Comments and suggestions (and patches) are welcome.

This sounds interesting. Some people (like myself) wouldn't use a service
like this simply because we prefer the thing illusion of privacy that the
world still gives us, but I'm sure lots of people could find this useful.