Towards 4.3: TAG management

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 06:35:09 PDT 2014

> On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 08:41:38AM -0300, Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
>> There will be a advanced search on 4.3, im working on it right now. And
>> tags will be used =)
>>
>> I like the tag cloud stuff, I just dont know where to put it on subsurface.
>
> One step at a time.
> Let's do something that lists the tags and you can mutliselect them.
> I could argue either way - list alphabetically (makes it easy to find what
> you are looking for) or list by frequency (which is kinda like the tag
> cloud).

I installed a nice program to sketch GUI. It's open source and really
easy to use.

http://pencil.evolus.vn/

After one hour I came up with this idea. I just layout the search by
tag. I have to think about the search by field.

You get the n most used tags by default. Each tag is represented more
or less how the current one. But the description has the number of
occurencies and a checkbox to select. So you can have multiselection
too.
In my example I selected only PSCR and WRECK dives...
The last button is an "all tags" button so you can see all the tag you inserted.

If you don't like it you can always print an build paper airplane with it.

Bye