Towards 4.3: TAG management

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Aug 20 07:17:34 PDT 2014

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 04:07:31PM +0200, Davide DB wrote:

> > I'm not sure I'm in love with the location - having it on top of the dive
> > list... I don't know... to me that's the biggest question mark. I really
> > don't know where would be the best placement.
>
> That's the big question.
> I was thinking to have an alternate view so you can swap to the
> profile or map but I think that once I filter and I found what I'm
> looking for I want to have a full view.
> Maybe a proper UI designer is needed :)

We've said this for a while.

In a way you want this to be always visible - but it can't take much
screen real estate. This is a tough one.
On reasonably big screens it would be easy to have it just as a single
line at the top of the dive list. But on small screens (like the 1366x768
screens that we just talked about a few days ago) this is going to be
tight. I'm not sure there is a perfect solution that will make everyone
happy.

Many people are asking for this feature so we need to bring it back in 4.3.