Subsurface Dive list table

Thomas Maisl exp-122004 at maisl.com
Wed Aug 20 11:52:58 PDT 2014

Davide, keep in mind Subsurface is running on Linux and OS X, too. The
development is mostly done within Linux and OS X, also using QT.
So different style guide may apply, too.

Probably most users are running Subsurface within a M$ Windows environment.
The user survey may provide better information, soon.
With M$ Windows there seem to be certain restrictions regarding the
functionality.

Am 20.08.2014 18:48:01 schrieb Davide Db:
> *Column Heading*
>
> [...] We all know what the first column "#" means but it's a U.S.
> customary. From Wikipedia:
> Would be nice finding a correct number sign localization or something
> else. An Italian man does not understand # at all. In Italian language it
> would be "n°"

It seems to be a translation related thing. In a german environment I see
"Nr." as Column Heading. Probably other headers can be easyly
fixed/changed, too.

> *
> *
> *Font size*
>
> On Windows, Subsurface installs by default with the Calibri font. This
> gives immediately a naive looking UI to the Windows Average Joe user like
> me and my dive buddies.

Calibri is used as default font, because some native Windows fonts lack the
subscript 2 sign.
If Segeo UI provides proper subscript support it probably might be easy to
change to.

Thomas