leftover after clean

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Aug 21 03:45:20 PDT 2014

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 08:43:31AM +0200, Salvo Tomaselli wrote:
> In data mercoledì 20 agosto 2014 20:06:27, Dirk Hohndel ha scritto:
> > I don't think we'd want to delete Makefile - but maybe that's something
> > that others feel differently about.
>
> Basically dpkg wants the directory to be identical to what is inside the
> tarball after a "make clean", and considers leftovers as debian patches, so I
> had to add some rm -f in the generation script, to make the package generation
> work without the need to re-extract the tarball.
>
> But I think it makes sense that after a make clean, everything should be as it
> was before the build steps.

That sounds more like make distclean

The reason I'm resisting adding Makefile to the files a make clean removed
is this:

I frequently do a make clean && make to make sure everything is rebuilt.
And I'm pretty sure that most reasonable people would expect this to work
without having to run qmake in the middle.

So while I'm happy to have make clean remove ssrf-version.h and
subsurface... I'm going to push back until someone comes up with a better
reason than "Debian wants us to do this" regarding the Makefile removal.