I'm working on this dive-share in my spare time

Salvo Tomaselli tiposchi at tiscali.it
Thu Aug 21 08:13:22 PDT 2014

In data giovedì 21 agosto 2014 11:10:38, Paul-Erik Törrönen ha scritto:
> >> I am hesitant to use that HTML for various reasons:
> >> - it displays less informations than what I've already implemented
> >> - I need one separate HTML per dive (but that could be fixed)
> >> - can't control or change the look of the website
> >
> > can - the dives should be easily themable by css.
>
> Might be also worth mentioning that the data is actually in a json-file
> (perhaps several, depending on how large the file will grow when we get
> users with 1000s of dives).

json seems to be a good option.

I've checked the generated file and at the moment it does not include some of
the informations that are present in the XML. For example lat,lon of the dive,
and details about the computer used.

However once that is fixed I think it would be a very good idea to use that.

> Another thing is that in contrast to the XML, it is totally possible to
> dump additional data to the json files which Subsurface creates/computes
> internally.
I don't get why can't the XML contain additional data…

--
Salvo Tomaselli

"Io non mi sento obbligato a credere che lo stesso Dio che ci ha dotato di
senso, ragione ed intelletto intendesse che noi ne facessimo a meno."
                -- Galileo Galilei

http://ltworf.github.io/ltworf/