Towards 4.3: TAG management

Joakim Bygdell j.bygdell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 09:04:08 PDT 2014

On 21 Aug 2014, at 16:12, Davide DB <dbdavide at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Deivide, I think the best approach right now is to remove the globe and
>> place the "advanced search on top of it, this way we can have a good dialog
>> that's not very small and we can display things in a sane way. What you
>> think?
>
> Hummm, having a search pane on the left, lower side doesn't seem very handy.
> I could try to work/sketch with real minimum dimensions (my laptop has
> just 1280x1024) drawing components and fonts with real size to see how
> much space we need...
> Let me try.

One place to put the tag based filtering would be in the main tab, that way it doesn’t compete with the dive list for space.
We vill get a fairly large area to place the tags in which will allow us to print the more used tags with a font that is slightly larger than the other or just have them in bold face.

While we are at tit we might also put the globe up there, that will give us more horizontal space for the dive list when subsurface is run on laptops with low resolution.

/Jocke