first glimpse at some statistics

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Aug 21 11:26:08 PDT 2014

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 08:20:35PM +0200, Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn wrote:
> > > And some debian stats:
> > >
> > > 	https://qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=subsurface
> >
> > So these stats are available with "sort of" an API, that's great - but I
> > can't tell if these are 4.2 users. Is there a way to filter this by
> > version?
>
> What's shown on that page might _not_ be the whole trouth.  People
> can NAK participating.

Of course, all our stats have tons of caveats. People could be sharing
binaries between multiple divers. People might download and never use.
Some downloads could be bots that fake regular User Agent strings. etc.

I mostly see this as a rough indication how many people use it, which
systems they use, etc.