Ubuntu -- how upgrade Subsurface?

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 21:31:16 PDT 2014

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 6:40 AM, Steve Butler <kg7je at comcast.net> wrote:

> "Canonical does not provide updates for subsurface. Some updates may be
> provided by the Ubuntu community" according to the software center in
> Ubuntu 13.04
>
> Suggestions?

We have our own PPA to provide the latest release of Subsurface. However,
since 13.04 is end-of-life that version is not available from the PPA. (PPA
does not accept any updates to be uploaded for EOL versions.) You should
upgrade your Ubuntu first and then add the PPA. It should be possibly by
adding new repository to software center "ppa:subsurface/subsurface".

miika