Towards 4.3: TAG management

Joakim Bygdell j.bygdell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 23:06:22 PDT 2014

> Did you see Lightroom's sliding panels?
> We could have a similar panel on the left for tag based filtering:
> Panel appear/slide in only when the mouse goes on its little handle...

If such a function exists in Qt then it would be nice to use.
Hiding the globe in the same way would also give us more space for the dive
list as there have been complaints on the amount of horizontal space
available when subsurface is run on low resolution monitors.

> A question: how many tags do people use?
> After few months I added just three tags to the default ones.

Depends on how you count this, is it only the tags that the user adds or
should other objects be included like buddy, suit, tank, rating  and so on.
Basically anything you would like to be able to filter the dive list on.

--
//Jocke