I'm working on this dive-share in my spare time

"Paul-Erik Törrönen" poltsi at 777-team.org
Fri Aug 22 03:26:40 PDT 2014

> I've checked the generated file and at the moment it does not include some
> of the informations that are present in the XML. For example lat,lon of the
> dive,

Which version of Subsurface are you using?

In the latest master (taken from the Git version control and compiled),
you have a link to Google maps with the coordinates in those dives that
have the coordinates set.

> and details about the computer used.
> However once that is fixed I think it would be a very good idea to use
> that.

Dirk recently added a specific tag for bugs/feature requests in Trac for
Subsurface, you can find it here:

http://trac.hohndel.org/

I have added #711, http://trac.hohndel.org/ticket/711

> I don't get why can't the XML contain additional data…

This is only my guess, but it may be, because when you have more dives,
the file gets very big, and if you add to it data which are actually
derived from real numbers, and furthermore may be dependant of some
configuration values (I'm thinking of GF here), then the size will just
explode.

As it is already now, I have ~490 dives in the log, and it takes a
substantial time to both load it as well as save.

IIRC there was some discussion about the size of the log-file on the
maillist ~beginning of this year.

Poltsi

--
Paul-Erik Törrönen   "When science and the Bible differ,
poltsi at 777-team.org   science has obviously misinterpreted