bugs on connect to Dive Rite Nitek Q

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Mon Aug 25 02:03:54 PDT 2014

On 2014-08-25 07:10, Sincere CHEN wrote:
> I have a computer Dive Rite Nitek Q. and I want to use surface to
> download
> its dive log.
>
> I run surface, and I use USB cable connect my Nitek Q to computer.
>
> And then I select Nitek Q to “PC” model, at that time, the Nitek Q
> display
> “USB communicating”
>
> And I open surface, choose “import from dive computer”, and choose
> “Dive
> Rite”, “Nitek Q”, “COM 28”.
>
> When I click “OK”, it seems successful, since surface display my Nitek
> serial number.
>
> However, after some second, surface breakdown. My system display the
> following information:
>
>  [...]
>
> My system is:
>
> Windows 7 64bit
>
> Does any guys meet this problem? How do you fix it?

First we need to find out whether this crash is in subsurface or
libdivecomputer. Can you try to download with the libdivecomputer
universal application. Download it here:

http://www.libdivecomputer.org/builds/windows/universal.exe

and run with these options:

universal.exe -v -l nitekq.log -m nitekq.bin -b nitekq COM28

(It's a commandline application, so you first have to start a Windows
command prompt, change to the directory where you downloaded the
universal.exe, and then enter the command as above and hit enter. If you
need more instructions, just ask!)

When finished, send me the nitekq.log and nitekq.bin files.

Jef