Diveplans to dive data?

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Aug 25 07:32:45 PDT 2014

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 03:58:56PM +0300, Kari Kolehmainen wrote:
> Ok I didn't know it had a planner ( I have a version 4.1 Mac OS X). I don't know about GUE deco planner, I am using V-Planner and Multi deco.
>
> I don't seem to be able to find the planner feature from the menus...

The planner came back in Version 4.2 (released a few weeks ago).

> Still it would be nice to be able to see the plots from other planners
> as well. Plot could be simple line on the dive profile. Data is simple
> enough: time, depth depth pairs, possibly also contingensy plans.

It's never simple to do these things. Trust me. We could import the plot
as a separate "dive computer" - that's how we deal with our own plans.

Can you send sameple data that this would create plus the actual dive that
you would like to then match with it?

> I think it would be easiest if there was a "add dive plan" button on the
> Dive Notes tab and possibility to enter data on simple table, first
> column for depth and subsequent columns for actual plan, lost gas plan
> and over time/depth plan.

But then what would Subsurface do with these data? How would they be
visualized?

Please get version 4.2 and look at our planner.