Diveplans to dive data?

Kari Kolehmainen kari.kolehmainen at abysscore.com
Tue Aug 26 00:00:16 PDT 2014

On Aug 25, 2014, at 5:32 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 03:58:56PM +0300, Kari Kolehmainen wrote:
>> Ok I didn't know it had a planner ( I have a version 4.1 Mac OS X). I don't know about GUE deco planner, I am using V-Planner and Multi deco.
>>
>> I don't seem to be able to find the planner feature from the menus...
>
> The planner came back in Version 4.2 (released a few weeks ago).

Ok I found it, nice :)

>> Still it would be nice to be able to see the plots from other planners
>> as well. Plot could be simple line on the dive profile. Data is simple
>> enough: time, depth depth pairs, possibly also contingensy plans.
>
> It's never simple to do these things. Trust me. We could import the plot
> as a separate "dive computer" - that's how we deal with our own plans.
>
> Can you send sameple data that this would create plus the actual dive that
> you would like to then match with it?

I have attached the plan from Multideco as a text file. The relevant data could be just as well added to the table manually as there is no well defined formatted output from those planners.

>> I think it would be easiest if there was a "add dive plan" button on the
>> Dive Notes tab and possibility to enter data on simple table, first
>> column for depth and subsequent columns for actual plan, lost gas plan
>> and over time/depth plan.
>
> But then what would Subsurface do with these data? How would they be
> visualized?
>
> Please get version 4.2 and look at our planner.

I have attached also a sketch of the profile and plan that I had for one particular dive. Visualisation could be similar to the green line that is on the profile picture showing how the planed dive would have been and how the real dive went.