FTBFS on Hurd

Salvo Tomaselli tiposchi at tiscali.it
Wed Aug 27 02:38:45 PDT 2014

Hello,

subsurface FTBFS on hurd because it uses PATH_MAX, which is not defined there
(on purpose, they didn't forget it).

https://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/community/gsoc/project_ideas/maxpath.html

The easy fix would be to just #define it, but I'd like to avoid that.

I'd like to provide a good™ patch for it, that uses malloc. However I'd either
have to use strlen or try with a smallish buffer and realloc if it isn't
sufficient.

I'd rather go with the realloc, because anyway it would happen extremely
infrequently, if the buffer starts with a large enough value.

In both cases anyway, the resulting code would be a bit more complicated, but
I still think it'd be better this way.

Comments?

If not I'll send a patch using realloc today or tomorrow.

Best

--
Salvo Tomaselli

"Io non mi sento obbligato a credere che lo stesso Dio che ci ha dotato di
senso, ragione ed intelletto intendesse che noi ne facessimo a meno."
                -- Galileo Galilei

http://ltworf.github.io/ltworf/