FTBFS on Hurd

Salvo Tomaselli tiposchi at tiscali.it
Wed Aug 27 14:28:52 PDT 2014

> You and me both. It's scary to be maintaining a project with 60+% of its
> users running on Windows and at the same time having NO CLUE about
> Windows... :')
I wonder when this will be a major issue: having most developers on one
platform and most users on another. At my previous workplace we had 1 guy only
on windows, and then he switched and then we had nobody checking what our own
product looked like on windows.

> I'd say it's sufficient and given the memory use overall it makes no
> difference.
Yeah that's true, I am just a bit wary of big stack allocations.

> Is there a reason you can't use something like 4096? I have no experience
> with Hurd, either, so I'm not sure if there is a reason that would be a
> bad idea.
Nope on Hurd any value works fine, they don't have any hardcoded limit, so for
them even 20MiB is ok. But I suppose filesystems have limits.

> In my mind anyone who uses a file path with more than 2000 characters gets
> what they deserve...
I sent a patch where it's set to 260, feel free to add one more digit then!

--
Salvo Tomaselli

"Io non mi sento obbligato a credere che lo stesso Dio che ci ha dotato di
senso, ragione ed intelletto intendesse che noi ne facessimo a meno."
                -- Galileo Galilei

http://ltworf.github.io/ltworf/