4.2 in Debian, OpenSUSE, Mageia, Gentoo

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre at debian.org
Fri Aug 29 00:29:14 PDT 2014

Hello,

On 28/08/2014 23:16, Tim Wootton wrote:
> On 28/08/14 21:52, Dirk Hohndel wrote:

>>> (commonly the case when the library's major version number is zero, or
>>> where the ABI breaks across patchlevels)
>>>
>>> Hmm. This certainly also covers libdivecomputer, but last time this
>>> discussion came up, Debian didn't like statically linking to that, AFAIK.
>>
>> It would be great if someone could update the Debian package to include
>> the latest libgit2 and link against libgit2 and libdivecomputer
>> statically.
>>
>> Volunteers?
>
> I could work on this, but I don't have the clout to get it accepted by Debian, we'd need Sylvestre's help.
Actually, subsurface 4.2 is already in Debian experimental https://packages.debian.org/experimental/subsurface

Unfortunately, I cannot upload it in unstable for now because libgit2 API is not (yet?) stable:
I will try to see with the maintainer if we can get an upload in unstable...

By the way, I haven't dig yet but it seems that the libgit2 detection is failing on some archs:
https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=subsurface&suite=experimental

And yes, we try to avoid as much as possible static links (and here, static linking would not change anything
since the package is not available in unstable).

Linus, I heard that you are going to talk at Debconf tomorrow, just troll my fellow DDs about this ;)
(for personal reasons, I am not at Debconf this year)

Cheers,
Sylvestre