Student looking to contribute toward Subsurface

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Fri Aug 29 08:59:41 PDT 2014

Em 29/08/2014 12:42, "Rohit Shinde" <rohit.shinde12194 at gmail.com> escreveu:

> Yes, I do realise that the GSoC is over.
>
> I just prefer Python. I do know quite a bit of C++. I haven't worked with
Ot or xstl but I can pick them up on the go.

> I liked the concept of the software. I am a swimmer myself, so I
naturally have an affinity for all things aquatic. I did not know about
divelog or dive computers before I came across this software, however on
searching the web, I learned about it and I got the urge to contribute.

> Is it possible for me to contribute?

Of course it is, you just need to contribute. =)
Easy things first. Download the code, compile, test it a bit, learn the
code and try to fix an easy bug.

We will give you all the help you request.

> On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 8:33 PM, Tomaz Canabrava <tcanabrava at kde.org>
wrote:

>> Em 29/08/2014 11:58, "Rohit Shinde" <rohit.shinde12194 at gmail.com>
escreveu:

>> > Hello all,
>> >
>> > I am a CS student studying in India. I cam across this organisation
while browsing through GSoC 2014 accepted organisations.I would like to
contribute here.

>> Good, but you realize that the gsoc is over right?
>>
>> >I am quite proficient with Python. What would I need to know to
contribute to this software?

>> Unfortunately, not python at all. Python is a good language for web
related stuff, but not for desktop applications.

>> > Would I need to have domain specific knowledge?
>>
>> C,  c++,  xstl, Qt are a great plus. But if I may ask, what did you
liked in this project? Your "I wanna contribute"  seems rather vague.