mailing list trouble

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Dec 1 14:31:37 PST 2014

This is beginning to annoy me. Actually, this is way past annoying me. But
sadly it seems that postfix on my mail server has lost its little mind.

For some random emails coming in on the mailing list and for some randomly
changing delivery email addresses, postfix tried to relay the email vial
Google instead of the correct MX record for those addresses. So some
people here have missed an email or two that went to the mailing list.

I've googled for similar problems but have come up empty. I re-started the
server, made sure that it can correctly look up DNS records (of course it
can, the majority of the emails got delivered correctly), but I'm pretty
much out of ideas what could possibly be going wrong.

The archives appear to have all email (at least comparing the logs to the
archives I can't spot any descrepancy), so maybe you might want to take a
quick peek at http://lists.subsurface-divelog.org/pipermail/subsurface/ to
make sure you haven't missed anything (not that there was a lot of
traffic in the last few days).

I tried to make sure that I have taken care of everything that's pending
and that I found in the archives. If I missed a patch from you, please
resend.