daily builds for Ubuntu

Benjamin nystire at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 22:50:55 PST 2014

On 3 Dec 2014 08:48, "Dirk Hohndel" <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

>> On Dec 2, 2014, at 10:45 PM, Benjamin <nystire at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Theoretically, if I were to unpack the static Ubuntu version on a Fedora
system and try to run it, what should I expect to see? (At work now, but
trying to line up this evenings, job card before somebody else fills it for
me)

> (is there a chance that you could stop top-posting?)
>
> The Ubuntu package has only a handful of libraries statically linked. All
of Qt, XML, XSLT, libc… are all still dynamic.
> So first one would have to link those statically as well (at least Qt,
XML, XSLT, etc)

> I haven’t looked into that, yet. It’s Marble, libgit2 and libdivecomputer
that are causing the packaging problems - which is why those are the ones
I’m linking statically on Ubuntu.

> I just pushed a Qt5 build but apparently I messed something up there with
Marble - at least Miika is reporting problems.

> I’ll be traveling for the rest of the week, so I may be slow to update
this.

> /D

Sorry for the top-posts. Internet at work is by phone only :(