daily builds for Ubuntu

Thiago Macieira thiago at macieira.org
Tue Dec 2 23:05:46 PST 2014

On Tuesday 02 December 2014 22:36:46 Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> Yes, it’s something I’m interested in doing. But it’s never quite making it
> high enough on my priority list. Fundamentally this isn’t all that hard to
> do. The devil is in the details. And you do need to link at least libc
> dynamically for some of the networking stuff to work correctly, IIRC.

I don't think we can use a static Qt because we use QtWebKit.

But we can ship a bundled version of Qt that should work on most distros. Just
take the official one from qt-project.org (which is built to work on most
distros) and then build Marble with that.

Alternatively, do like Skype and don't ship Qt, relying instead of the distro
one. But we can't use Qt 5 for that yet, as there are still relevant distros
that don't have it.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358