Help needed: User manual - DM5 and Uemis/Vyper configuration

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Sun Dec 7 07:09:49 PST 2014

On 07 December, 2014 - Miika Turkia wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 2:11 PM, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 1:52 PM, Willem Ferguson <
> > willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:
> >
> >> I am finalising the upgrade of the text for the user manual. There are
> >> two aspects that I cannot address because I do not have equipment that
> >> utilises these components:
> >>
> >> 1) Suunto DM5. Is anyone with access to this software prepared to look at
> >> the current text of the user manual and make suggestions on how to
> >> incorporate appropriate text for DM5? The current text for DM3 and DM4 were
> >> imported directly from the manual for GTK Suburface (I think that was
> >> version 2). So I am not sure whether the existing text is correct and how
> >> that relates to DM5.
> >>

> > DM5 is still the same as DM4. The only notable difference is that the
> > database schema has changed, but that is invisible to the normal user.
> >

> >> 2) Configuring Uemis and Vyper dive computers. Is anyone with access to
> >> these dive computers prepared to write a skeleton about the configuration
> >> process?

There is nothing about Uemis dive computers, just HW computers.

The process is quite simple:

1. Hook up your computer.
2. Choose the right device or mount point. (why does it talk about mount
points here when we don't support any "mount-point" devices here?)
3. Choose which model of computer you have. Supported ones are Ostc3,
Ostc 2 family (Ostc, Ostc mk2, Ostc 2, Ostc 2N and Ostc 2c) or
Suunto Vyper family of comptuters (Stinger, Mosquito, D3, Vyper, Vytec,
Cobra, Gekko and Zoop).
4. Click read, and wait for subsurface to read all the settings from
your device. This takes between 3 and 15 seconds depending on model.
( We should have a progress-bar here)
5. Change whatever you like to change on your device.
6. Click Save changes to device. This takes also about 3 to 15 seconds
too to write all the settings to your device.

You can also save your settings to a backup file, after you have read
them from your device. You can also restore your backup file to your
device by first reading the backup file and then saving it to your
device.

> > I might be able to take a look at this as well.
> >

> Maybe not. When I try to load the settings of my Stinger, I get a
> segmentation fault.

Could you share a stack trace / or other fault report?

The code _should_ work against the Stinger, but it's probably only me
that have tested it and thats against my Vyper, where it works great.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604