Help needed: User manual - DM5 and Uemis/Vyper configuration

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 09:30:52 PST 2014

On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 5:09 PM, Anton Lundin <glance at acc.umu.se> wrote:

> On 07 December, 2014 - Miika Turkia wrote:
>

> > > I might be able to take a look at this as well.
> > >

> > Maybe not. When I try to load the settings of my Stinger, I get a
> > segmentation fault.
> >

> Could you share a stack trace / or other fault report?
>
> The code _should_ work against the Stinger, but it's probably only me
> that have tested it and thats against my Vyper, where it works great.

Sure, thing. The problem arises when there is communication trouble with
the device. The crash occurs in different attempts in dc_device_read.

[Switching to Thread 0x7fff5effd700 (LWP 5738)]
0x0000000000569528 in ReadSettingsThread::run (this=0x13eb950) at
../configuredivecomputerthreads.cpp:198
198                rc = dc_device_read(m_data->device,
SUUNTO_VYPER_NUMBEROFDIVES, data, 2);
(gdb) bt
#0  0x0000000000569528 in ReadSettingsThread::run (this=0x13eb950) at
../configuredivecomputerthreads.cpp:198
#1  0x00007ffff2d3232f in ?? () from
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQtCore.so.4
#2  0x00007ffff2aa1182 in start_thread (arg=0x7fff5effd700) at
pthread_create.c:312
#3  0x00007ffff21c3efd in clone () at
../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/clone.S:111

Steps to reproduce (note that there is no need to have the device attached,
this simulates dirty contacts that I apparently had):
- Hook a USB-serial adapter to laptop
- Try to retrieve details from Vyper class device
- After two-three attempts I get a crash

Other notes after cleaning the contacts on my DC:
- I get a red text stating: This feature is not yet available... and at the
same time black text states: Dive computer details read succesfully.

I'm not able to update dive count on Stinger (GUI issue? or not supported?)
Computer model should probably not be changeable on the GUI.
I have dive alarm at 80 minutes, but shown value on GUI is 999min.

miika