Help needed: User manual - DM5 and Uemis/Vyper configuration

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 22:07:58 PST 2014

On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 11:25 PM, Anton Lundin <glance at acc.umu.se> wrote:

> On 07 December, 2014 - Miika Turkia wrote:

> me
> great.

> with

> > > attached,
> > > >

> > > Did some poking around and the consecutive clicks have m_data
> > > overwritten with some bogus value. There is some need of protection
> > > against intensive clicking here...
> > >
> > > Don't really know how to solve this one.

> at
> > > the
> > > >

> > > Some buggy code there. Actually two bugs. Patches coming.

> > > supported?)
> > > >

> > > According to the "documentation" on
> > > http://www.sarnau.info/papers:suunto_vyper
> > > for the alarm in minutes (max. 999 minutes, normal max. 4:59)
> > >
> > > Its stored as a two byte value, and in your case that the gui show's
> 999
> > > minutes is because the value it tried to set to the ui was larger than
> > > that.
> > >

> > > Could you add a debug line printing the raw value of the data read in
> > > the dc_device_read SUUNTO_VYPER_ALARM_TIME call?
> > >

> > > Might it be something weird with that device like it storing the alarm
> > > in seconds?
> >

> > I get the following with fprintf(stderr, "DEBUG: %d %d\n", data[0],
> > data[1]);
> >
> > DEBUG: 128 29
> > libdc devinfo serial nr converted to 134807-8877
> > libdc devinfo firmware version converted to 00.21
> > DEBUG: 18 192
> >

> 18 192 -> 18*256 + 192 -> 4800
>
> 4800 / 60 is your 80 minutes.
>

> So the Stinger stores the depth alarm in seconds. Does the other values
> in the settings look sane so there are no other surprises?
>
> The other values seem to correct (I only have the bakcup to verify atm, so
not entirely sure).

When restoring the backup, nothing on top of the Custom text has the real
values (numeric fields are zero and text fields empty). Is this by design
or accidental?

I wonder how the other devices in the family look like...

Was your Vyper (or what do you use for testing) using minutes?

miika