Debian, Fedora, OpenSUSE people...

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Dec 14 12:56:13 PST 2014

So I am now successfully building nice daily builds for Ubuntu (and LinuxMint). Using our own libmarblewidget and our own libdivecomputer and statically linking against a compatible version of libgit2.

Which of course makes me foolishly wonder… how hard would it be to set up the same thing for Debian sid, Fedora 20/21/rawhide and OpenSUSE 13.2/tumbleweed

I must like pain :-)

So I have been told by people who are much more familiar with Ubuntu and Debian than I am that I should be able to use pretty much the same scripts that I have for Ubuntu (and LinuxMint) to build a Debian package. Could someone elaborate on this? And where would I post those - there doesn’t appear to be a PPA style system for Debian (at least not that I’m aware of).

For Fedora, Pierre-Yves appears to have set up something, but I don’t think I have permission to push to it (and it doesn’t use the custom libraries, nor has it been updated recently). Pierre-Yves - can you add me to this repository and help walk me through the steps of building a similar custom package as I have for Ubuntu?

Finally, OpenSUSE. I think the way to go there is through their build service. Again, not something that I have looked at in a loooong time. Anyone familiar with this who wouldn’t mind helping me setting things up?

My dream scenario would be that I can simply push from my system to all of their build servers and automagically have new versions appear.

All I need is for a few people with more experience with those systems to give me a hand, I think :-)