Debian, Fedora, OpenSUSE people...

Pedro Neves nevesdiver at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 15:39:48 PST 2014

Hi Dirk

On 12/14/2014 08:56 PM, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> So I have been told by people who are much more familiar with Ubuntu and Debian than I am that I should be able to use pretty much the same scripts that I have for Ubuntu (and LinuxMint) to build a Debian package. Could someone elaborate on this? And where would I post those - there doesn’t appear to be a PPA style system for Debian (at least not that I’m aware of).

I'm using the package built for Ubuntu on my Debian/Sid system, with no
problems.

There's Subsurface packages on the Debian repositories. Do you know the
maintainer? Can we approach him and check what the procedures are
regarding the uploading of packages in the official repositories?

I know there's also unofficial repositories, but I don't know if that
should be out route.

I don't mind asking the Debian guys...

Regards:

Pedro