Debian, Fedora, OpenSUSE people...

Benjamin nystire at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 22:51:26 PST 2014

On 15 Dec 2014 08:44, "Dirk Hohndel" <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

>> On Dec 14, 2014, at 10:30 PM, Benjamin <nystire at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Are the two (Debian and Ubuntu) now so different that the same
package/repository can't be used for both?

> I really don’t know - which is why I’m asking the experts here.
> It’s my understanding (for whatever that’s worth) that Debian cannot use
the PPA that we have - and the PPA is so convenient that I certainly won’t
move away from that for Ubuntu and LinuxMint.
> Maybe the underlying repo can be exposed to Debian - I don’t know how.
> Or maybe Miika has a simple script that allows me to automate making a
repo for Debian.

> Basically at this point I’m exploring the options to figure out what’s
reasonable.

> I’m also updating all the build instructions. I have finished Fedora (did
a clean F20 install in a VM… following my instructions you get a working
Subsurface build that uses our libdivecomputer and libmarblewidget…

> Now I’m trying the same for Debian :-)
>
> /D

Would testing it on a clean F21 install help? I can do that tonight when I
leave work...

Benjamin