Debian, Fedora, OpenSUSE people...

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Dec 15 07:30:23 PST 2014

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 09:51:05AM +0100, Guillaume Gardet wrote:

> >Finally, OpenSUSE. I think the way to go there is through their build service. Again, not something that I have looked at in a loooong time. Anyone familiar with this who wouldn’t mind helping me setting things up?
>
> For openSUSE, most of the work is already done. ;)
>
> GIT version of subsurface is available here:
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/KDE:Unstable:Extra/subsurface
>
> Update from latest GIT is very easy, just run "osc service remoterun  KDE:Unstable:Extra subsurface" and it will trigger a source update.
>
> You just need to ask for maintainers right with "Request role addition" from webpage.

That's excellent. It just doesn't do the two things that I really want all
our "official" binaries to do: use our customer libdivecomputer and
libmarblewidget.

> If you have any trouble, just ping me.

So who is the maintainer of this? I don't think I know Christophe...

I'll try to contact him and see what he thinks. But I wonder if we'll need
our own copy of this (as I'm not sure my modifications will be allowable
in the official KDE repository).