Does android version of subsurface can built only on Linux?

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Tue Dec 16 07:08:48 PST 2014

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 7:14 AM, <wednesday114 at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi,guys!
> I have readed the README page of android version on github .And it seems
> like this app can only be built on linux according the build.sh file`s
> content.Is that right?

It's not right, you can compile with windows  but it's just too complicated
to make it sane.

If it is neccessary to use Linux,which version should I choose (Ubuntu or
> Fedora)for better compatity to our project?

Sorry for my naive question.I am not familiar with Linux : (

Don't need to apologize, but if you feel that you want to become a good
programer linux helps a lot ( not saying that you can't do that with
windows, just saying that it's easyer with linux )

We, as developers of subsurface, use a lot of different linux
distributions: I Use Arch Linux, Dirk uses Fedora, a couple of others uses
Ubuntu.
Use what you think will help you the best.

( I'd stick to something between Arch Linux or Fedora, I really don't like
ubuntu )