Need help to start contributing for Subsurface

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Tue Dec 16 07:10:53 PST 2014

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 1:02 PM, Nikhil Bharadwaj <nikhil.gosala at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dirk,
>
> Yes, I did the same thing as above and now it is working. Thanks a lot for
> that!!!
>
> Tomaz,
> I have explored quite a bit and feel that I want to help out in the UI
> part. Can you please give me any tips or pointers for that?

Sure.

The UI in subsurface is mostly divided in Two places, the code is in qt-ui
and qt-ui/profile
the profile is the main graph that you see in subsurface if you open any
dive, and the UI is all the rest.

Try to find something that you think should be improved ( for instance, the
stats tab, the dive info tab ) and try to have a new original idea on how
that should behave.

since I don't know your programming level yet, I can't pass you nothing too
complicated, unless you are already good with Qt and C++.

tomaz