getting ready for 4.3

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Dec 16 20:47:04 PST 2014

I just pushed out rewrites of the ReleaseNotes and README.

With the exception of obvious bugfixes, translations and possibly updates
to the manual I think this is pretty much it. I'm building final daily
builds as we speak and hope to find the time to do the release tomorrow.
I'm dive-mastering a class today and tomorrow so I'm not 100% sure how the
timing will work out.

Willem, if you have the time, could I ask you to take the first part of
the ReleaseNotes (the part dealing with the major new features) and turn
it into asciidoc (or HTML or something) with a couple of screenshots? I am
hoping to be able to reuse the result both for the announcement on
ScubaBoard as well as (with some changes) for the landing page of our web
site.

All I'm looking for is something less boring than just the text that I
usually do (and a better About page for the website).

We so need someone in charge of marketing / visual design...

There has got to be a diver out there who'd be willing to help us...