After 4.3 is out...

Steve Butler kg7je at comcast.net
Wed Dec 17 14:59:20 PST 2014

On 12/17/2014 02:47 PM, Robert Helling wrote:
> … what are people planning to spend time on?
>
> For me that would be (not necessarily in that order)
>
> 1) pSCR (as just explained in a different mail)
>
> 2) Making image integration more portable between the devices, in a way to be determined: paths relative to a (configurable) image_root, relative paths from home etc, images from the web… We talked about this before.
>
> 3) Increasing responsiveness of the planner (doing some profiling, maybe splitting the replot into smaller tasks that not all need to be redone upon changes of data etc)
>
> And of course there is the big elephant in the room (but I probably cannot really contribute due to lack of ideas/understanding): Coming up with a UI to utilize the git save/load.
>
> Other ideas?
>
> Best
> Robert

Sorry to have been absent during this critical phase.  Finally figure
out how to get Software Center on Ubuntu to actually look at the daily
PPA and grab it instead of the 4.2 version (had to disable the 4.2 PPA).

I'm planning on learning enough of this to become useful.  So much to
learn that passed my by while I was buried in Oracle's database. And so
you can all collective hit your heads in amazement, learning about
makefile is close to the top of the list (along with c++)! Work doesn't
leave much time to learn this and my wife has a "do" list!!

--Steve

But I'm picking some of this up just by watching the emails drift by.
And trying not to be a complete burden.