Subsurface 4.3 has been released

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Dec 19 07:09:19 PST 2014

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 11:33:58AM +0100, Salvo Tomaselli wrote:
> In data mercoledì 17 dicembre 2014 21:21:02, Dirk Hohndel ha scritto:
> > 4.3 has been tagged and the tag has been pushed. Binaries for Windows,
> > Mac, and Ubuntu/LinuxMint/Debian are up and ready. I still need to wrap my
> > mind around building for OpenSUSE and Fedora - I simply ran out of time.
> > But fundamentally I want to create identical binaries to the others, so
> > under my control, based on our versions of libssrfmarblewidget and
> > libdivecomputer.
>
> I've translated the announcement in Italian.

Thank you! Did you have a chance to look at Downloads as well?

> Debian is now in freeze so the next stable will ship with subsurface 4.2 (I
> consider this a big win already, there have been licensing issues for the
> embedded javascript, and problems because of libgit2).
>
> At this point packaging subsurface 4.3 is unlikely to happen until the debian
> stable is released.

To quote from our Downloads page:

"...several flavors of Linux allow an install of Subsurface from within
the OS. While this is very convenient, the versions offered are often
outdated and they tend to not be built with our private copies of a couple
of the key libraries that we use, so the official packages from Subsurface
(as they become available) should be the much better choice."

And Debian Jessie binaries are already available. I ran out of time for
the RPM based distributions but hope to get to that today.