Begin of Facebook Integration

Robert C. Helling helling at atdotde.de
Tue Dec 23 23:39:20 PST 2014

On 24 Dec 2014, at 00:02, Tomaz Canabrava <tcanabrava at kde.org> wrote:

Hi,

> It doesn't do anything yet besides logging in, saving user info and logging out, but since dirk really want some patches, there you go. :)

great.

I don’t know if that is supposed to work, but I cannot login, I get an error "App ist nicht eingerichtet: Die App-Entwickler haben diese App nicht richtig für die Facebook-Anmeldung eingerichtet.” saying the app is not configured: the application developers have not properly set up the up for Facebook login.

Whatever that means.

Another issue: I admit, I do not really understand this OAuth process. But when I looked into it (to see how difficult this social media integration would be) I came to the conclusion that we would need some sort of subsurface application identifiert, that would identify subsurface to Facebook and that we are supposed to keep secret. At that point I considered this a show stopper for an open source application. Was I misguided or how are you going to overcome this?

Best
Robert

                      Scientific Coordinator
print "Just another   Phone: +49 89 2180-4523  Theresienstr. 39, rm. B339
    stupid .sig\n";   http://www.atdotde.de