Divesoft Freedom

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Sun Dec 28 14:58:08 PST 2014

On 28 December, 2014 - Miika Turkia wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 21, 2014 at 12:36 AM, Anton Lundin <glance at acc.umu.se> wrote:
>
> > On 20 December, 2014 - Robert C. Helling wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
V> > > as a follow up to the 4.3 announcement on CCRexplorers
> > >

> > http://www.ccrexplorers.com/showthread.php?t=14965&page=3&highlight=subsurface
> > >
> > > there was the question if we support the Divesoft Freedom, see
> > >
> > > http://www.divesoft.cz/eshop/computers-16
> > >
> > > I had never heard of that computer so I asked for an example file (to a
> > USB host the dive computer pretends to be a flash drive with one file per
> > dive according to the manual). Unfortunately, it sees to be binary without
> > obvious hint about it semantics (either to me or to /usr/bin/file). In a
> > hex editor it shows some regular structure but again nothing obvious. So I
> > attach it here.
> > >

> > I've seen them in a webshop once or so, but browsing there site, i noted
> > that the dive club in LuleƄ own there helium analyzer. Its a neat piece
> > of gear. It consumes 9V batteries like king-kong would eat bananas,
> > thats probably the only fault i can see with it.
> >

> > Just looking at the file it with xxd, it looks promising. Fist 32 bytes
> > looks like a header, and then the first byte of each 16 byte block is a
> > 16 bit sequence/time in little endian.
> >
> > > 1) Does anybody have an idea how to decode it?
> >
> > After a tad of research there own web based service http://wetnotes.com/
> > cal decode the logs, and according to there website
> > http://www.divinglog.de/ , divinglog can decode it to.

I had some fun with wetnotes-website and deciphered parts of the
header.

Its funny that the file Robert sent, imports just fine on wetnotes, but
they can't view it. The site "crashes" with a nice "Runtime Error" and
nothing more.

> We got some help on our user forum on how to decode this. At least the
> depth profile and gasschanges are now decoded.
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/subsurface-divelog/HqjQvNrrg5g

Played some with the columns there, but if the "calculated ascent time"
is a TTS or a deco-stop-time, thats kinda hard to figure out,
deco-stop-time fits better.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604