OSTC firmware update prompt and planning for 4.4

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Dec 28 21:09:00 PST 2014

The latest master now has one of the features that I had hoped to get into
4.3 and that make me think that I want to do a 4.4 in early January
because I think it's really useful...

If you download your dives from an OSTC 3 or OSTC Sport, Subsurface checks
the latest available firmware version for your divecomputer and if it
doesn't have the latest version, offers to upgrade your firmware for you.

The UI may not be brilliant (and this could really use a progress bar on
the screen (but admittedly there is one on the OSTC, so it's not a massive
problem), but it works and I think it's extremely useful (and my guess is
that our friends from Heinrichs Weikamp are going to love this as this
should help them reduce their support issues with people diving with long
outdated firmware versions... finally something we can do to help them and
say thank you for the AMAZING support we get from HW.

If he hadn't been stopped by a power outage, I believe Tomaz would have
sent a major step forward on the Facebook integration. Once I have that
I'd like to do a call for translations, a quick Beta test and then a 4.4
by mid January.

Is there any other features that's "almost ready" and that we should wait
for?

Thanks