Double DC strange behavior [was: Prev/Next DC]

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 06:47:12 PST 2014

On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 10:28 AM, Davide DB <dbdavide at gmail.com> wrote:

> I started from scratch and I was able to reproduce and documenting the mess.
> Also Next/Prev DC bug BTW.
>
> It's a long story:
>
> http://trac.subsurface-divelog.org/ticket/796#comment:2

I was able to reproduce this bug even with two simple bottom timers.
Actually it's a question of operations sequence:

You cannot manually edit a dive (adding tanks and gases) before
downloading all the DC's involved

http://trac.subsurface-divelog.org/ticket/796#comment:3

BTW While I was testing this I discovered an odd behaviour.

In my original XML file I have an header stating all the dive
computers I have in my logbook:

<divecomputerid model='xDEEP BLACK v02.02.13' deviceid='ffffffff'
firmware='XDeep'/>
<divecomputerid model='divelogs.de' deviceid='ffffffff' serial='2.0'/>
<divecomputerid model='Vyper' deviceid='ffffffff' serial='44095'/>
<divecomputerid model='Diving Log' deviceid='ffffffff' serial='5.0.13.0'/>
<divecomputerid model='xDEEP BLACK v02.03.03' deviceid='ffffffff'
firmware='XDeep'/>

I removed all dives except one I need for my test and I saved this in
a new logbook file.
I close Subsurface.
Opening this file I see all the DC are still there.
I removed all of them except the one used in my ONLY ONE dive and I
saved again the file.

<divecomputerid model='xDEEP BLACK v02.02.13' deviceid='ffffffff'
firmware='XDeep'/>

When I open again Subsurface it opens by default my original logbook
(as saved in my preferences).
The I open the file with just one DC and one dive.
When I save the logbook I find again all the DC of the default file saved:

<divecomputerid model='xDEEP BLACK v02.02.13' deviceid='ffffffff'
firmware='XDeep'/>
<divecomputerid model='divelogs.de' deviceid='ffffffff' serial='2.0'/>
<divecomputerid model='Vyper' deviceid='ffffffff' serial='44095'/>
<divecomputerid model='Diving Log' deviceid='ffffffff' serial='5.0.13.0'/>
<divecomputerid model='xDEEP BLACK v02.03.03' deviceid='ffffffff'
firmware='XDeep'/>

Basically, it seems like DC Id are kept in memory and saved again in
new logbook despite of being used in that file.
Is it a correct behavior or should I file a bug?

Bye

--
Davide
https://vimeo.com/bocio/videos