OSTC firmware update prompt and planning for 4.4

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 11:08:47 PST 2014

On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 6:19 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> What's a "Real SAC graph" and who wrote it was "nearly there"?
> I must be running low on coffee (definitely running low on sleep), but I
> have no recollection of this.

Sorry I thought one thing and I wrote a completely different one.
I was speaking about real time average depth graph/value: instead of
drawing a meaningless straight average depth line, it would be useful
having a line who follow the average depth calculated at every sample.
I could find again who wrote that it was implemented and it (just) needed a UI.

> It may not work for the way you dive and the way you want to record your
> data. But trust me, it works perfectly fine for a LOT of people. I have
> quite a few multi tank dives in my dive log with many switches back and
> forth, done with multiple computers and all imported with Subsurface.
>
> So please don't make such generic statements.

Dirk, please do not misunderstand me. have you seen how much
attachments I added on the track ticket? I spent one day making test
and writing the ticket so it's not a generic statement. Nevertheless I
had a lot of fun doing it :)
I do not pretend anything of course.
I tried with different devices, all used as bottom timers, and I
always get the same result.

Bottom line is that I have to import all my devices before starting
entering data.
You could just close that ticket simply explicitly stating this in the
user manual.

> It is possible that Subsurface could make this easier, but I have not seen
> a design proposal of how that would work, precisely. And whatever that
> proposal may be, it needs to make certain that it does NOT break the
> currently working code for people who dive with multiple actual dive
> computers that are correctly set up for the gases used on the dive, etc.

I did not think to write a proposal. I was waiting to be able to reproduce this.
I will risk the firing squad later with my proposal :)

>> After 4.4 it would be nice having a rehash of  stats tab. It's strictly
>> linked with the multifilter feature. I can draw some sketch, if you like.
>
> Your sketches have been extremely helpful in getting us a very nice
> multifilter solution, so by all means, yes, please do so.
>
> I know that Tomaz has done a lot of work on the statistics that are locked
> away on a computer he currently doesn't have access to :-(

We will wait for Tomaz implementation :)

--
Davide
https://vimeo.com/bocio/videos