Fwd: Re: Compilation error on latest master and build instructions

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Tue Dec 30 06:27:13 PST 2014

Benjamin, Anton, Miika,

Thank you very much for the pointers. I managed in the end in exactly
the ways you suggested. We need to get the latest Linux build
instructions on the Subsurface web site. The current ones (for V4.2) are
not quite up to date and would not go a long way to help a newby. Who
has access to the web site? I can do HTML but my Javascript sucks.

(1) We need to get a better resolution of dependencies on the Qt5 and
marble requirements as well. Two problems on Ubuntu: (a) Downloading
Marble and/or Qt5 from their respective web sites does not help for
satisfying dependencies of Subsurface at all. (b) Neither does a sudo
apt-get build-dep for subsurface on Ubuntu since Subsurface is moving
much faster than the Ubuntu updaters do.

2) Taking into account the problems with the Subsurface branch of
libdivecomputer, the build instructions for using libdivecomputer with
Subsurface need to be resolved as well.
Kind regards,
willem