Win32 testing request

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Dec 31 07:59:24 PST 2014

> On Dec 31, 2014, at 2:11 AM, Davide DB <dbdavide at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 10:43 AM, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Based on IRC discussions, I'd say yes. However, the "running average depth"
>> display might (or might not) be implemented differently than what you had in
>> mind.
>
> Win32 version runs smootly on my Win7 64bit system.

Oh good.

> It asked explicitily to install a 32bit version on a 64bit version.

I believe it will ask everyone about this. If there are no issues with the 32bit version
that we find, I’ll remove that check and release only one binary.

> On start Subsurface ask me to migrate marble data from a previous version.

Yeah, I noticed that, too. That may be a Marble Qt4 -> Marble Qt5 thing? I’m not
sure.

> Running avg depth doesn't seem to be there.

If your mouse hovers over the profile you should see a straight line from time 0
to the time where your mouse is located that indicates the average depth until
then. That’s how Tomaz interpreted your request. I believe that isn’t what you
had in mind, but maybe you can explain better what you had in mind (as my
attempt to explain this didn’t make sense to Tomaz and I figured that in the
end I might be wrong as well).