OpenSUSE packages

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Dec 31 12:09:11 PST 2014

> On Dec 31, 2014, at 11:45 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>
> Now I need to test how this looks and if it works when installed on openSUSE…

That was outright bizarre. Guillaume, any chance you could look into this?

If I used the web YaST one click install from
software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=home:Subsurface-Divelog&package=subsurfacedaily <http://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=home:Subsurface-Divelog&package=subsurfacedaily>
it tries to install about a hundred new packages, allegedly to resolve dependencies.
This brings with it Python 3, libreoffice, gimp, Adobe Flash and who knows what. It’s
a completely insane list.

But using
	sudo zypper install subsurfacedaily
it does tell me that it needs to uninstall the previous subsurface package and then
happily installs just the one rpm (as expected, as I had Subsurface installed from
the OBS project there before).

But since we point people to the website above I’m a bit freaked out about what
people will think when they get asked to install a few hundred megabytes of completely
unrelated crap…