patches for the new profile

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Feb 5 07:26:51 UTC 2014

I am NOT the political correctness police. Proof? I hang out with Linus
a lot.

But this is one word that bugs me a little. I have two wonderful friends
who from a medical perspective would be labeled as "retarded". They are
amazing and capable people, their brains are just different from yours
or mine.

Calling someone (or yourself) "retarded" when you do something stupid is
somewhat insulting to people like them. And seeing what they have
achieved in their lives, with their disability, I tend to think of
"amazing" when I think of "retarded", just because of all the obstacles
they have to overcome to succeed in our society.

Ok, off my soap box now. Carry on.

/D