GSOC 2014 is almost here - Volunteer mentors needed

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Feb 8 14:39:43 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-02-08 at 16:33 -0600, Kunda Loves Scribus wrote:
> Most of the GSOC requirements have been met. I don't see anything
> missing except for a major lack of mentors.
> http://trac.hohndel.org/wiki/Gsoc_2014

I think we are close. The following people have been pressed into
service, errr, volunteered:

Dirk
Tomaz
Thiago
Robert
Kunda

I know that I asked Anton / glance but I don't remember if I managed to
get him to agree.

Anyone else willing and able to mentor? If there is a pet project of
yours either on the list (the wiki page above) or even if it isn't, you
can volunteer to mentor just one specific project and we'll sort it out
as we get students (and feel free to add pet projects to the wiki page).

> The end date is Feb 14th.
> If you are thinking about mentoring let yourself be heard now.

Yes. Please. We have until Friday.

By then I need to figure out how to sign up as an organization. I signed
up as a person but can't quite figure out the next step. Oops.

> Also another requirement is that the mentoring organization sign this
> agreement

Yes, I'll be happy to sign this on behalf of Subsurface... once I
figured out how :-)

/D