Everyone please read.... Re: GSOC 2014 is almost here - Volunteer mentors needed

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Feb 8 16:48:26 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-02-08 at 14:48 -0800, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> On Sat, 2014-02-08 at 16:46 -0600, Kunda Loves Scribus wrote:
>
> > Awesome!
> > I've added a Mentor: field to the wiki. Check out Screenshot
> > (http://imgur.com/tdnFwnZ)
> > Now we just need to divvy up the names between the proposed projects.
>
> I'll do a first stab on this one - I didn't realize we needed to assign
> these before students sign up. Let me read the instructions one more
> time.

And as happened the first time we posted about this, Kunda and I spent
some time on IRC, got some help on the gsop IRC channel and made
progress.

Two of the ideas still need to have more details added and the overall
application could really use some additional eyeballs.

I assigned myself (two), Robert (two), Tomaz and Thiago as mentors.
It would be GREAT if one of the people interested in the planner could
sign up as alternate mentor for that project. Similarly, if either of my
two projects sounds like something you could help out with, please let
us know.

And of course, MORE IDEAS ARE STILL WELCOME.

This is now split into more pages (the first one has links to the
others):

http://trac.hohndel.org/wiki/Gsoc_2014
http://trac.hohndel.org/wiki/Subsurface_GSOC_2014_org_proposal
http://trac.hohndel.org/wiki/Subsurface_GSOC_2014_Idea_List

The second link above is to the org proposal. Anyone with experience
writing grant proposals  (or even better, who has been part of an org
submitting a successful GSOC proposal) - please provide feedback.

The third one is the list of ideas. EVERYONE please at least read and
comment in email - or just edit on the wiki.

> >         > The end date is Feb 14th.
> >         > If you are thinking about mentoring let yourself be heard
> >         now.
> >

> >         Yes. Please. We have until Friday.

Still true. I would love to be ready to submit on Thursday...